my cup of tea

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Earlobes

I have officially been in England for 5 weeks!!! Wow.



Class was from 12:30-2:30, and then I went to Oxfam with Lael. We sorted clothes today - this is one of the more upscale Oxfam shops, so we have to be really picky when decided what to keep. If we don't keep them, they don't go in the trash, but to an Oxfam store on another level. It's kind of a hard system to explain, but it works really well! While we were sorting through clothes, I fell in love with this purple lingerie/dress, and I begged Janet to let me buy it. Normally you can't buy clothing before it's priced and put out into the shop, but she let me! I won't really wear it as lingerie, but it looks cute with jeans :).

Tonight I walked over to House 9, and some people in the Commons Room were watching Keeping the Faith, so I joined them. Lara rubbed my earlobes the whole time....oh wait, I don't think I've talked about her yet, have I? Hehe. Lara is the daughter of Ron and Janine Morgan (the host parents who work with ACU and teach most of our classes). Since she was a baby, she has always loved rubbing other people's earlobes. It's strange, but I got used to it, and it actually feels really good! She told me I have the best earlobes out of the whole Study Abroad group - a high compliment :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home