my cup of tea

Monday, September 26, 2005

Hi Grandma!!!

After breakfast this morning, I left with Sarah and Jennifer to go to the Louvre! We could have taken the metro, but we decided to walk instead and savor our last day in Paris. I spotted a store with tons of cute purses in the window, and we had to stop and check them out - they were pretty cheap, and we each bought one :).

We got to the Louvre around 11:00 am, and we stayed for almost 2 hours. We saw SO many famous pieces of art, I don't even want to start naming them, for fear that I'd forget something important! Haha, but of course the most famous one we saw was the Mona Lisa. We weren't allowed to take pictures....so of course I have a picture of it :).







Venus de Milo:


Winged Victory:




Our group was supposed to be ready to leave the hostel at 3:30 pm, so we still had a couple of hours to kill. We started shopping, and the time flew without any problem!

At exactly 3:30, we were all packed up and ready to go, much to Ron's surprise. He was amazed that 31 college students could be so responsible! The train from Paris to London was a quick 3 hours - I slept the whole way. Then we rode the coach from London to Oxford, and got home at 9:30 pm. I got a seat to myself and got to reflect a lot on the trip, which was good.

Today I also started to really miss my friends and family back home. I don't think I've ever been homesick before, and I think this must be what it feels like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home