my cup of tea

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

France

We left for France today! A coach came and picked all of us up at 6:00 this morning to take us to London. I stayed up until 4:00 am packing, so I was running on 2 hours of sleep, haha. But amazingly enough, I wasn't tired! Brent and I sat together and shared an ipod -- we danced all the way to London!



In London, we had a break to grab lunch and see any sights near the train station if we wanted to. I walked with some people to the London Eye:



Then, we took the Chunnel to Paris! Hannah and I sat together....by this time I was feeling the lack of sleep from the night before, haha I slept most of the time.



We arrived in Paris and walked to our hotel, Hotel Ibis.





Courtney and I roomed together. Here is our tiny room!



Courtney and I both wanted to rest for a minute, but everyone else wanted to go out and explore Paris right away! So we ended up going along with them....we split up into smaller groups, and mine included Josh, Sarah, Jennifer, Denyce, Beth Ann, and Lael. We decided to walk towards Moulin Rouge (something we all wanted to see!) On the way we saw this huge cathedral, and had to stop and see it! We learned it is called Sacre-Coure.





We climbed lots of steps to get up to the cathedral. We went inside but weren't allowed to take pictures. Here is a view of the city from the top:



After spending some time at Sacre-Coure, it was time for dinner. We all agreed we wanted genuine French crepes! Mine was egg, cheese, and tomato :). Mmmm it was so good....

Next stop: Moulin Rouge! We ran into another one of the groups and took pictures. This was kind of a scary part of town (haha) but I expected as much.





On the way back to the hotel, we actually ended up getting lost for 2 hours!!! Hahaha, thank goodness we left early enough....we got back at 9:30 pm, not too bad. Here's our hotel at night:



I immediately went to the room and laid down on the bed to watch tv...that's the last thing I remember, haha....

1 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Will said…

    Oh--the London Eye! :) I was on a People to People Student Ambassador program to the UK/Ireland as a high school freshman...

    Good memories! Happy blogging--
    -Will

     

Post a Comment

<< Home