my cup of tea

Friday, September 23, 2005

Normandy

This morning we had a delicious breakfast of croissants, Nutella, and tea! At 9:00 am we left the hostel and went to Normandy for a D-day tour.



We had a really awesome guide! He shared touching stories of soldiers as we went from one place to another. We went to several beaches and historical landmarks before ending at the American Cemetery.



It's hard to imagine that there was once a war here!


Our group in front of Iron Mike:




Omaha Beach:


These are holes still in the ground from the bombs:




Brent, Denyce, and I freezing cold after it started raining!


(I'll put up pictures from the American Cemetery later)

We spent all day on the tour and got back to the hostel in time for dinner. They had prepared a meal for us! Soup, bread & brie, rice and chicken with pineapple, and ice cream :)

Some of us went to a pub after dinner, and when we got back, the majority of the group was playing Mafia downstairs. I didn't feel like playing, but I watched the game while playing cards with Lara and Kathryn. We stayed up pretty late, and I went to bed around 1:30 am....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home