my cup of tea

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Christ Church

A big group of us went to church at Christ Church today. It was really interesting to go to a High Anglican church! We sat right across from the boys' choir - the singing was so beautiful! During the service, we had to kneel for the prayers, say the confession, and come forward and kneel to receive the communion. Jenna was sitting next to me - she's Anglican, so I was glad I could ask her questions about what to do! Haha. After the service, Jenna, Katie, Sarah, Jennifer, and I decided to stay and tour the church. Lewis Carroll was the dean of Christ Church/College, and also a lot of Harry Potter was filmed here!













A woman lighting a candle in memory of the London bombings:






The stairs used for the moving staircase in Harry Potter!






The Great Hall in Harry Potter!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home