my cup of tea

Sunday, October 09, 2005

St. Aldates

This morning I went to St. Aldates for church. It reminded me of the Beltway Park Baptist church in Abilene. It was so different then what I had gotten used to here! The churches I have been to so far have had a formal, traditional environment, but this one was modern with a younger audience. People worshipped with hands raised and eyes closed, and I recognized most of the songs! It really reminded me of an American church, rather than what I think of as an English church. The website is www.staldates.org.uk/ if you want to check it out. After worship, there was a bag lunch provided by the church for everyone. I met one of the interns, Mandy, and talked to her for awhile.

When we got back home, I only had about 5 minutes of free time. John and Evelyn Willis had invited Lael and I to their place for tea at 3:00 pm, just to visit. It was so neat to talk to them! We stayed for 2 hours just talking about school, church, family, life, everything. After that, Lael and I did our laundry before the 9:00 devo. We analyzed scripture and broke down simple passages and found more meaningful messages. It was really good. Than I stayed up until 2:00 am studying for a mid-term the next day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home